- Harvard Law School (LL.M.)
- National Taiwan University (LL.B.)
- New York Bar Examination Passed
- Member of Taipei Bar Association
- Member of the Taiwan Law Society
- Arbitrator of the Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei
- Patent Attorney
- Certificate of the training of the WIPO Workshop for Mediators in Intellectual Property Disputes in Geneva
- Honorary Member of the Association of Fellows and Legal Scholars of the Center for International Legal Studies
- Asia Business Law Journal- The A List-Taiwan's TOP 100 Lawyers, Key Practice Areas: Dispute resolution, corporate, business transaction, IP, entertainment (2022-2023)
- Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific - Top 100 Women in Litigation (2020-2022)
- Benchmark Litigation - Litigation star for Commercial and transactions, Intellectual property (2022-2023)
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers – Distinguished practitioner for Dispute Resolution (2020-2023)
- Asia IP – Top 50 IP Experts in Taiwan (2020-2022)
- Member of New Media Entertainment Association (2023-)
- Visiting Scholar of the University of Washington School of Law (2007-2008)
- Independent Non-Executive Director of Chia Hsin Cement Greater China Holding Corporation, a company listed in the Main Board of The Hong Kong Stock Exchange (2003-2005)
- Director of Institute of Regional Economy and Economic Law, Asia Pacific Research Foundation (1995- 2007)
- Senior Associate, Baker & McKenzie (1988-1994)
- Notary Public, Kaohsiung District Court (1987-1988)
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Law of National Taiwan University (1985-1987)
- Introduction to Entertainment Law (Co-author, New Sharing Culture, October, 2022)
- Is the Reasonable Use a Right? – Comments on Taipei District Court Judgment of 93-Hsiao-Shan-Tze-No. 4 (Co-author, Taiwan Bar Journal, Vol. 8 No. 11, 2004)
- Save Your Homes from Earthquakes (Co-author, Commonwealth Publishing, 1999)
- Attacking Foreign Assets - Taiwan Jurisdiction (Lloyd's London Press Ltd., 1992)
- Trade Relations Between the Republic of China and the European Community (1990)
- Draft of Equal Opportunity Law and Relating Documentation (Co-author, 1989)
Ms. Shelly Chen has been practicing law since 1988 and is currently a senior partner of Chen & Lin. Ms. Chen specializes in dispute resolution, corporate law, business transaction, intellectual property law (trademark and copyright) as well as entertainment law.
Ms. Chen serves as long-term counsels to various listing and over-the-counter companies providing legal consultation for various operation and business activities and creative suggestions. She often represents multi-national companies in both domestic and international transaction as well as business dispute resolution. She also provides trademark protection, litigation, strategy and prosecution services to various local and foreign clients.
Ms. Chen has vast experience in the area of entertainment law. For a long period of time, she has served as counsel to numerous famous artists, managers, producers, international labels, film companies and various entertainment and culture industries for various legal issues, contract review and negotiations, protection of ideas, creation of new business model, copyright, protection of artist’s reputation and privacy rights and litigation matters. She is highly trusted by her entertainment clients.
Ms. Chen has received honors from international renowned legal professional review institutions, including being awarded by Asia Business Law Journal as Taiwan's TOP 100 Lawyers, awarded by Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific as Top 100 Women in Litigation, listed by Asialaw as a Leading Lawyer-Distinguished practitioner in the field of Dispute Resolution, listed by WTR 1000 as Recommend experts in the fields of enforcement and litigation, prosecution and strategy, and selected by Asia IP as Top 50 IP Experts in Taiwan.